Director of Operations (Head Foreman)
As the Director of Operations for Even Construction, you will work closely with the CEO and play a pivotal role in overseeing and optimizing the day-to-day operations of our organization. You will be responsible for ensuring efficient project execution, managing resources, and upholding safety and quality standards. Your leadership will be instrumental in driving the continued success and growth of Even Construction.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee all construction projects from inception to completion.
- Monitor project progress, budgets, and timelines to ensure successful delivery.
- Collaborate with engineers and contractors to resolve any issues or delays.
- Allocate resources, including labor, equipment, and materials, to projects effectively.
- Optimize resource utilization to enhance productivity and reduce costs.
- Manage subcontractor relationships and contracts.
Quality Assurance and Safety:
- Implement and enforce strict quality and safety standards on all construction sites.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to ensure compliance with Even Construction’s standards.
- Investigate and address safety incidents and implement preventative measures.
- Work with the CEO to develop and manage department budgets, forecasts, and cost control measures.
- Analyze financial data to identify areas for cost savings and process improvements.
- Train and manage a high-performing team on both land and water.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members for professional development.
Vendor and Supplier Relations:
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, and service providers.
- Ensure agreements involve favorable terms and conditions.
- Evaluate vendor performance and make recommendations for improvements.
Compliance and Regulations:
- Stay up-to-date with industry regulations, building codes, and safety standards.
- Ensure all projects comply with legal requirements and obtain necessary permits.
- Develop and implement environmental and sustainability initiatives.
Reporting and Communication:
- Prepare and deliver regular weekly reports to the CEO on project performance, production, and if any necessary changes or adjustments need to be made.
- Communicate with clients, and partners to address concerns and ensure customer satisfaction.
- *Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- 10+ years Proven experience in construction operations management with a track record of success.
- Strong knowledge of construction processes, regulations, and safety protocols.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical abilities.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Commitment to quality, safety, and sustainability.
* Indicates not required to be hired by Even Construction.
Even Construction is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and an application to email@example.com.
(A cover letter detailing your relevant experience and skills may enhance your chances of a phone interview.) Even Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Competitive salary or hourly wage.
- Opportunities for career advancement within the company
- Health Insurance: Offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans to provide employees and their families with access to quality healthcare.
- Retirement Plans: Provide a 401(k) or similar retirement savings plan with employer contributions or matching to help employees save for their future.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Offer paid vacation days, holidays, and sick leave to promote work-life balance and employee well-being.
- Life Insurance: Provide life insurance coverage to offer financial protection for employees and their loved ones.
- Disability Insurance: Offer short-term and long-term disability insurance to assist employees in case of injury or illness that prevents them from working.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) or Health Savings Accounts (HSAs): Allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars for medical expenses, such as co-pays, deductibles, and eligible healthcare costs.
- Bonuses and Profit Sharing: Reward high-performing employees with performance-based bonuses or profit-sharing programs.
- Uniforms and Work Gear: Furnish uniforms, safety gear, and work-related attire to ensure employees are properly equipped and safe on the job.
- Safety Training: Invest in ongoing safety training to reduce workplace accidents and promote a culture of safety among employees.
- Employee Recognition: Recognize outstanding performance and years of service with awards, celebrations, or other forms of recognition.
- Family and Dependent Care Benefits: Provide support for employees with childcare or eldercare needs, such as on-site daycare or referral services.