As a Carpenter at Even Construction, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful completion of construction projects on both water and land. Carpenters are responsible for constructing, repairing, and maintaining structural elements of buildings and structures. You will work alongside a team of skilled professionals to deliver high-quality construction work that meets safety, quality, and efficiency standards.
Framing and Structural Work:
- Perform framing and structural work, including building forms, walls, floors, and roofs.
- Install structural components, such as beams, trusses, metal hardware and columns, to ensure stability and safety.
- Execute finish carpentry tasks, including installing doors, windows, trim, and cabinetry.
- Achieve high-quality finishing details to enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of the project.
- In coordination with the Director of Operations, Interpret and follow construction plans, blueprints, and specifications accurately.
- Ensure work aligns with project requirements and architectural drawings.
Measurements and Layout:
- Accurately measure, cut, and shape materials to precise dimensions using hand and power tools.
- Lay out and mark reference points to guide construction processes.
- Select and source appropriate lumber and other construction materials.
- Safely handle, transport, and store materials on the construction site.
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines to prevent accidents and maintain a secure work environment.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations, other construction professionals, including architects, engineers, and fellow tradespeople, to ensure project success.
- Communicate effectively with team members and supervisors.
- Maintain high standards of craftsmanship and quality control throughout the construction process.
- Identify and address any defects or issues in the construction work.
Tools and Equipment:
- Properly maintain and care for all tools and equipment used in carpentry work.
- Report any malfunctioning tools for repair or replacement.
- Efficiently manage time to meet project deadlines and milestones.
- Adapt to changing project priorities and schedules.
- Proven experience as a Carpenter in the construction industry.
- Proficiency in using a wide range of hand and power tools.
- Strong knowledge of carpentry techniques, practices, and materials.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and blueprints.
- Physical strength and stamina to perform labor-intensive tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and the ability to adhere to them.
Even Construction is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(A cover letter detailing your relevant experience and skills may enhance your chances of a phone interview.) Even Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Competitive salary or hourly wage.
- Opportunities for career advancement within the company
- Health Insurance: Offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans to provide employees and their families with access to quality healthcare.
- Retirement Plans: Provide a 401(k) or similar retirement savings plan with employer contributions or matching to help employees save for their future.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Offer paid vacation days, holidays, and sick leave to promote work-life balance and employee well-being.
- Life Insurance: Provide life insurance coverage to offer financial protection for employees and their loved ones.
- Disability Insurance: Offer short-term and long-term disability insurance to assist employees in case of injury or illness that prevents them from working.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) or Health Savings Accounts (HSAs): Allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars for medical expenses, such as co-pays, deductibles, and eligible healthcare costs.
- Bonuses and Profit Sharing: Reward high-performing employees with performance-based bonuses or profit-sharing programs.
- Uniforms and Work Gear: Furnish uniforms, safety gear, and work-related attire to ensure employees are properly equipped and safe on the job.
- Safety Training: Invest in ongoing safety training to reduce workplace accidents and promote a culture of safety among employees.
- Employee Recognition: Recognize outstanding performance and years of service with awards, celebrations, or other forms of recognition.
- Family and Dependent Care Benefits: Provide support for employees with childcare or eldercare needs, such as on-site daycare or referral services.